Inbound logistics services reduce inventory, improves cash flow for Northeast manufacturer
Imprecise forecasts and pressure to reduce inventory levels magnify the challenge of having the right inventory to support manufacturing. An effective inbound logistics solution helps meet these challenges. Transport System's logistics services for manufacturing in the Northeast include:
- Product receipt and entry into the TSI PA warehouse and customer warehouse management system
- Material inspection with on-site manufacturer personnel
- Inventory management. Computerized batch and lot control, with full reporting
- Order processing
- Daily asset based shuttle of goods from the warehouse to the plant
Need logistics support for manufacturing in the Northeast, Chicago, Philadelphia or Arizona?
Transport Systems offers the following benefits.
- Flexibility. For instance, if a buyer does a significant forward buy on a component, we can quickly expand space
- Experience with paper and packaging materials, as well as plastic and glass components such as bottles, caps and jars
- Strong Warehouse Management System (WMS) that tracks product to the lot level and allows proper sequencing
- Reliable shuttle service from warehouse to factory
- Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) services. We can help you move to a vendor managed inventory model by developing direct warehousing relationships with your suppliers
Contact Transport Systems to discuss your needs for inbound logistics services and vendor managed inventory services.